Due to COVID-19, we, as a clinic, have made some changes to our daily routine to help keep out clients and staff safe during this pandemic.
We do ask that if you are feeling ill (fever, aches, cough, etc), have been around someone that has been exposed or positive with COVID-19, been out of the country in the past 14 days or in contact with someone who has been out of the country in the past 14 days, that you send someone else to pick up food/medications. If your pet is coming in for an appointment and one of these apply to you, please call the clinic to re-schedule your pets appointment until public health deems it safe for you to come out of quarantine.
We have decided, as a team, that we are able to accommodate routine appointments and procedures as our new protocols are achieving social distancing.
If you feel comfortable booking routine appointments, then we will do our best to accommodate them given the protocols listed below.
Below is the protocol that MUST be followed by everyone.
1. We will call the night before to confirm your appointment. We will ask you some questions like; are you feeling ill, been in close contact with someone with suspected infection or have travelled outside the country in the past 14 days. If yes to any of these questions, we will please ask you to reschedule your pet’s appointment for a later date.
2. Our staff will be wearing masks with all interactions with clients. Please know this is being done for safety reasons.
2. When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call us to let us know you are here for your appointment. 905-768-1611 A technician will then come out to get a brief history and retrieve your pet. We will then bring the pet into the clinic to perform an examination and what was discussed with the technician (vaccines, HW test, etc.). If there are additional questions about your pet, the doctor will call you to discuss. Please note we will NOT be allowing any clients into the building (euthanasia exempt).
3. Once the exam is done, a doctor will bring your pet back to the car. We will then bring out any prescribed medications along with our debit machine to take payment and e-mail you the receipt. (please know that we are disinfecting the machine between each use with disinfectant)
4. If you are here to buy food or pick up medications, please call us from your car. We will get your food or medications ready. If you are paying by Visa or Mastercard, we will take payment over the phone. If you are paying by Debit or cash, we have a “walk-up” window that you can come and pay.
5. These protocols will be in place for the foreseeable future. Please note that we will also not be offering house calls during this pandemic.
We appreciate everyone’s help and patience in dealing with this virus. We are doing our best to reduce the risk of exposure to our staff and clients while continuing to care for your pet family.